Robert Huber currently serves as an audit quality assurance reviewer for Garcia & Ortiz. Mr. Huber is a graduate of the University of South Florida and has been practicing accounting since 1970. He was a former audit partner with Grant Thornton, LLP (twenty-seven years with the firm). Mr. Huber has participated as a member of an audit standards review team making technical standard reviews of other public accounting firms and other offices of Grant Thornton, LLP, and served on Grant Thornton’s State and Local Governmental Auditing Committee. He has served on the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Committee on State and Local Government and has been the Chairman of the Non-Profit Accounting Committee. Bob has been an adjunct professor in governmental auditing and accounting at the University of South Florida.
Mr. Huber works extensively in the manufacturing/distribution business, primarily related to medium and large-sized corporations, including engineering, architectural, and construction organizations. The work includes consultation in all phases of operations (financing, overhead rates, personnel, management, tax matters, profit and pension plans, budgeting, purchasing, advertising, profit improvement, and cost reduction, insurance, etc.) He has a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Bachelor of Science - The University of South Florida - Major in Accounting
- Past-President of the West Coast Chapter of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Leadership St. Petersburg
- Leadership Tampa Bay
- Served as chairman on numerous professional business committees (Kiwanis Club of St. Petersburg, United Way, St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce, and Pinellas Economic Development Council)
- Member, Florida & American Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President and Treasurer Feather Sound Country Club, Board Member for ten years
- Member, St. Petersburg Yacht Club