Margaret is a native Floridian who graduated from University of South Florida with a Masters of Accountancy degree. She began her career with Ernst & Young, working in their Tampa office for five years. She has since worked at several local public accounting firms over the years before joining Garcia & Ortiz in 2018.
Margaret Christiano serves as the firm’s Audit Director, with responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities of the firm’s audit practice, and serves as the firm’s Quality Control Manager for peer review.
Margaret is a career auditor who has worked with a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, construction, employee benefit plans, real estate development, healthcare providers, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities. She has also assisted clients with general accounting and business consulting matters, as well as provided evaluation of internal controls services.
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting - University of South Florida
- Masters of Accountancy - University of South Florida
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Accountants.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Graduate of Dale Carnegie Institute
- AICPA Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit, Certificate Holder